Please use the contact form on my website to book your session today!

Four! ~See Shel's Photography - Saskatoon Photographer ~

>> Thursday, October 22, 2009

My sweet baby girl turns four in just a matter of days - talk about bittersweet!! It's awesome seeing her grown and learn new skills - her imagination blows me away daily - and there is nothing I love more than having a teddy bear's picnic with her or tea party. It breaks my heart a bit with how fast time has gone - you think you squeeze every moment out of a day and yet somehow it still whizzes by in a blink.

I took her out the other day - just her and I - to do her 4 year old portraits - I had a great time being with just her - usually my son is along with us, and as great as he is, sometimes it's just not as fun with your little brother along. ;)

It was the "super" hot day on the week-end we went out - it was just one of those days you loved just being outside - the leaves were crunchy, there wasn't any wind - it was just us two girls. I loved seeing the sun bounce off her golden hair, seeing her run through the piles of leaves, singing and dancing, just enjoying life.

I try to make it a priority to take my own children's portraits every now and again - sometimes it's a bit of an effort to pick up the camera after having held it all week long, but every single time it's worth it.

It's the start of several days of celebrating (today was her class birthday party at school) - I'm wondering if I can somehow stock up on sleep and energy now to get through all of the fun and caos! Tomorrow's the fun factory - here's hoping I can get out of there with a minimal headache. ;)

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP